Improve SEO with Yoast
When launching a website, it’s important to ensure it’s displayed correctly in search results. You want users to type your name into Google or Bing and see your website clearly with the correct description.
There’s a plugin for WordPress that helps you do just that! It’s called Yoast SEO. A free version is available on the WordPress marketplace and you can install it right now – just follow this link.
Let’s talk about the features:
Taking care of WordPress SEO
- The most advanced XML Sitemaps functionality at the push of a button.
- Full control over site breadcrumbs.
- Set canonical URLs to avoid duplicate content – this means you’re website is being compliant with search engine guidelines.
- Title and meta description templating – this allows better results on search engines with clear titles and descriptions for your content. This is particularly good for the home page, a lot of people will just google the name of a website to find it so it’s important to be presented well.
Write awesome content
- Content & SEO analysis: Tools to write SEO-friendly texts.
- The snippet preview shows you how your post or page will look in the search results – even on mobile.
Keeping your site in shape
- Yoast SEO tunes the engine of your site so you can work on creating great content.
- Integrates with Google Search Console.
- Manage SEO roles – give other authors access to different parts of the SEO plugin.
- Bulk editor: Make large-scale edits to your site.
There’s also a premium version of the plugin available if you wish to pay but we think the free version provides everything you’ll need for starting out. Download it here.